Sahlgrenska Science Park is working to strengthen the life science industry with a focus on western Sweden. We offer expertise and experience on a commercial basis, together with a large network in the business community and other life science stake holders. With sustainable health and with the human being in focus, we increase the prospects for business, academia and healthcare to cooperate.
Our mission in western Sweden is to actively contribute to:
- innovation and competitiveness in the life science industry
- collaboration between academia, healthcare and business
- establishment of new and development of existing businesses
Sahlgrenska Science Park is jointly owned by the Region Västra Götaland (VGR), Business Region Göteborg, the University of Gothenburg (through GU Ventures) and Chalmers University of Technology.
To succeed with the challenge of being an attractive and internationally competitive life sciences cluster in West Sweden, the owners’ guidelines to Sahlgrenska Science Park is from January 1, 2016 and onwards:
- To promote communication and visibility of the resources and offers available in the life science sector in western Sweden as a “shop window” and brand to the world, to create clearer gateways for stake holders in the sector.
- To create and promote the emergence of communities and collaboration platforms like “Open arenas” where companies, academia, health care, government and institutions can meet, exchange ideas and engage in effective partnerships.
- To promote closer collaboration with other clusters in Sweden and internationally.
- To promote the development of a more effective innovation system adapted to an industry that is undergoing change and a health care that is focusing more on innovation.